Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ready to Rock 'n Roll...

...literally. :) Just a quick baby update: Ryan and I are all excited and prepared for Cecilia's arrival, which could be any day now! Of course it is our wishful thinking that she come early.. preferrably, let's say, next weekend, but she could very well arrive after 40 weeks instead of before. While that may turn out to be the case, we know that she is going to be so cute that we will not be able to be mad at her. :) We are ready for anything at this point, and are trying not to look at the calendar too much and instead focus on soaking up our last couple of weeks as just the two of us. Ryan, as you can see in the picture below, likes to try to show me up with how well he can balance on my "birth ball." He's quite the pro: He is very anxious to see Cecilia face to face, so he can tell her all of his great jokes..that is, the ones that I don't find funny. He is convinced that Cecilia will understand his comic genius. We both love to talk about all of the things we look forward to when she arrives; such as giving her baths, rocking her to sleep, showing her off to everyone, feeling her soft little hands and feet, and especially hugging and kissing her! Finally, here is the latest pregnant lady picture: 38 weeks. Now, because whenever these things are blogged about on the Suarez family blog, all my brothers and father usually gag, the following information is for women only (and I'm sorry in advance if it grosses anyone out): at my 37 weeks appointment I found out that I am 1 cm dilated, 60% effaced, and at 0 station. This confirms that the baby has definitely dropped, and explains why I have been getting increasingly uncomfortable these days. I also was glad to find out that the contractions I have been feeling are in fact having an effect, and getting my body ready for active labor. My next apt. is on Tuesday, and I'm hoping to find out that I have made some sort of progress since then. In the meantime, please pray that we have a smooth and safe delivery, whenever it turns out to be!

3 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

congratulations ryan....you did a wonderful job balancing;)
WOWWW..mary, you look soo beautiful:) i'm soooo excited about seeing the baby and at Christmas,being able to hug and kiss her and touch her feet!
i def. didn't gag about the baby, pict...i'm soo happy you keep us updated with your pregnant belly:)love you& i'm praying for you!
Love,angela

Mom and Dad said...

WOW!!!! Mary, Cecilia is still growing! Amazing! You still look as beautiful as always! :) Can't wait to see you ,Ryan and Cecilia!!! Ryan your talents never cease to amaze me, Grasshopper. We are praying everyday for a quick, healthy delivery and baby:)Very Exciting! We love you very much, Mom and Dad

Christina said...

Love the post! Mary you look great! We can't wait to hear Cecilia arrived! We're praying for you guys. Love you guys!