Saturday, May 29, 2010

An update

Hello, Tompkins family! I figured I would give a little update of our adventures since seeing everyone at Sanibel. We had such a great time being with you all and, as always, felt like it went by way to fast! Below is a slideshow of some of my favorite pictures from the trip. We can't wait til next year!

The weekend following Sanibel we made a roadtrip to Connecticut to attend Luke's diaconate ordination. It was very moving, more emotional than any wedding I have ever been to. Then again, I am a hormonal pregnant woman! Ryan and I felt blessed to be there to witness Luke making his vows to the Church.A picture of Bishop Lori, Deacon Luke, and the immediate family who attended the ordination: A picture of our family with the new Deacon at the reception afterwards. Did I mention that the food consisted of an enormous variety of Boar's Head meat sandwiches? They were delicious!This is a pregnant lady sister picture; Sarah's due in November, I in December, and Tricia in January:I just had to include this picture of Cecilia with the centerpieces at the reception, which matched her dress perfectly! The week following the ordination proved to be busy and action-packed as well. My mom came to town to help my sister with her newborn baby, so I spent a lot of time visiting with her and my younger siblings. Unfortunately a nasty stomach flu went through everyone in the house over the course of the week, which did put a damper on things. Only Ryan was spared the sickness...it must be because he is in such peak physical shape. :p On the weekend Luke joined us to perform the Baptism for Joseph Maurice, who happens to be Ryan's and my Godson. It was a very intimate ceremony (due to the fact that most everyone was home sick), and Luke did a wonderful job. It made me really excited for when Luke can baptize our new baby later this year! Here is a picture of us all afterwards: Now after all that excitement is over, we are enjoying relaxing at home. Cecilia has already changed a lot since Sanibel, and gets funnier every day. Although she doesn't crawl yet, she is definitely getting close (yikes!!). She can now pull herself to a standing position when she scoots herself over to some stationary object. She insists on trying to stand up when taking baths now, so she can slap the side of the bath tub. Her favorite activities include dancing with Daddy, reading books, getting her hair brushed, and going on stroller rides. She is beginning to show us more of her wacky sense of humor (I wonder where that comes from??), by finding odd things funny like when either Ryan and I brush our teeth, which she finds hysterical. She also has developed the signature Suarez baby "squishy face," which sometimes serves as her smile for the camera. When she does it, she looks just like me as a baby so I can't help but be proud. Here is a picture of her from a few days ago, when I caught her in the act of reading without any clothes on:
As for our new baby update, we had our sonogram on May 14th and were very happy to see a beautiful and healthy baby moving around on the sonogram screen. The way the baby wiggled for us made me think the baby is a boy...something about the movements said "boy" to me! Ryan originally thought the baby is a girl, but after the sonogram he has changed his vote to "boy." Is the world ready for another Ryan Tompkins? Ah, I guess we will just have to wait and see! The new due date is December 21st, which means I am almost done with the first trimester. I can't wait for the second trimester, when I will hopefully start feeling better!
In other news, Ryan and I are in the process of searching for a new car. We need something bigger than our current car, a.k.a. Rusty, since we are going to be squeezing more than one car seat in the back seats pretty soon! We are hoping to postpone getting ourselves a mini-van until we have 3 or 4 kids, so this new car will need to hold us over until then. We will keep you all posted with any significant developements. :) That's all for this update...I would love to hear from the rest of you guys and see your Sanibel pictures as well! We love you and miss you! Love, Ryan, Mary, Cecilia and Baby.

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

What a beautiful post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE all the Sanibel pictures and the Ordination and Baptism pictures too! Congratulations and prayers for Luke and Joseph and Sarah and Tricia too! So much happy, great news:)!!!!!!!!!! What a precious sonogram of baby "boy" Tompkins :)!!!!!!!!! Looks just like Ryan.... almost :)
We had such a wonder filled, loving, and special time at Sanibel!!!!!!!!! We will always remember all the joy and laughter:)! We miss you very much and look forward to seeing you soon in D.C.! Cecilia will definitely need her red and white sunglasses on the 4th of July !
All our love and prayers always, Mom and Dad

Christina said...

Loved the pictures! I can't wait to find out what you're having!