It has been a pretty low key few months. The most exciting news was finding out we are expecting Baby #2 on May 10th! Telling the family was pretty funny. Jack had an idea (I was unaware of his idea at the time). We called the family together and Jack announced Isabella had something she wanted to show everyone. With everyone's eyes on Isabella, Jack asks "Isabella, how do you show them Mommy's pregnant?" No one reacted, instead they stared at Isabella expecting her to do something. Jack repeated himself and Mom says "Is this a joke?! Are you pregnant?!" Something to that effect. We agreed and of course everyone jumped on me. It was too funny, I wish we had it on camera! We are so excited and of course a little nervous. I am 11 weeks along. It is already flying by for us! I feel pretty sick at times, but it is no where near how sick I felt while pregnant with Isabella. I am so thankful for that! We look forward to knowing if we are having a boy or girl and can't wait to see Isabella interact with her new sibling. She will be a great big sister! Here are a couple pictures from the second pregancy test I took. Just so you know, this stick was dipped in urine so it is confined. BUT it still grosses me out even knowing that. However, the pictures are priceless!
Notice me holding down her other hand. She wanted to play with it!
Ahh! I wasn't always successful!
First and only shot so far of Baby #2 belly. I feel silly taking pictures without a belly showing, but I think a picture will be due soon!
Mom's 50th Celebration
July - October 2010
And sadly, Isabella received her first bloody lip today. She was bending down to pick up and throw her bear because she thought it was the funniest thing! She reached a little too close to her feet and toppled over. Her lip smashed on the concrete floors, yes the ones inside! This picture was taken a while later after a lot of the swelling went down and bleeding stopped. She was a brave girl!
That's all I have! Short and sweet :). I will do my best to post more often! We will be in Sanibel next week for vacation. Jack was able to accomplish the bonus/competition his Dad challenged him to. So it's a nice treat for our family. We are in need of a change of scenery! I'm sure I will post pictures from Sanibel shortly after we return. We love and miss you all!
2 comments:
Dear Christina and Jack, Thank you so much for all the great pictures and memories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have enjoyed them all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Except the one with the swollen lip. OH! How sad! Sweet, little Isabella! Kisses and hugs! I love you all so much. May God bless and keep you and new baby Tompkins! All our love, Mom and Dad : )
Poor fat lip. :( ...the pictures with her shirt over her head and her Nike endorsement...lol. haha.
Post a Comment