Hi everyone! It seems like forever since we last posted an update...but we have been having a little trouble with our internet lately, so it's not entirely our fault. But here are some pictures to illustrate what we have been up to. Ryan, believe it or not, continues to enjoy playing Medal Gear Solid to unwind sometimes after work, and I find it very amusing. He assures me he loves me more than the game, but sometimes I do wonder. During the more intense moments, Ryan often stands upright when he plays, as you can see here...I think it helps with his vision and the aerodynamics. He makes me so proud.
In my continual attempt to fatten Ryan up, I have been branching out with my cooking and trying new recipes. I had a craving for lemon chicken with capers one night, and found an easy recipe online. I made asparagus and garlic and herb rice to go with it, and it was a huge success. I just had to get a picture to remember the delicious meal. Unfortunately, I asked Ryan to model it for me.
Ryan and I went on a Scrabble kick for a couple of weeks, until he decided he had had enough since I won every time. We were a little weirded out when I noticed one night that the cover of the game had my initials on it: Mary Elaine Bernadette Suarez Tompkins. Pretty crazy, huh?
On another note, I am finally done getting my blood drawn each week in order to monitor the level of my pregnancy hormone, which is now down to zero. Unfortunately, I was told that I needed to get a Rhogam injection at the hospital, due to the different blood types that Ryan and I have. For propriety's sake, I won't mention where the shot is given because I don't want to become, ahem, the "butt" of jokes. It was a rather tramautic experience for me, as you can see by the pained look in my face here:
So much so that I just had to go to the mall near the hospital and buy myself something as a reward for my bravery. I ended up getting a great deal on a Nine West handbag from Macy's, and let me tell you it really helped with the pain.
Here is Ryan's reaction to my purchase.
On Thursday we went to my sister's house to celebrate Catherine's 2nd birthday, it was quite the party! Here is Ryan with Teresa and Mary:
And here is the birthday girl:
Here we are at the party:
This is a cute picture of my nephew Tommy being silly as usual. I continue to tutor him a few hours a week, and it has been very rewarding working with him.
Ryan and I spent today Christmas shopping, and Ryan was very excited to see the man himself, Santa Claus!
It was a very successful trip in terms of gift-getting, so you can all expect to get a little somethin' somethin' from us when the Christmas season comes around :) It's hard to believe that Advent starts in only a week! We really can't wait to see everyone and spend Christmas with you, it is going to be a blast. We love you guys and we'll see you soon!
In my continual attempt to fatten Ryan up, I have been branching out with my cooking and trying new recipes. I had a craving for lemon chicken with capers one night, and found an easy recipe online. I made asparagus and garlic and herb rice to go with it, and it was a huge success. I just had to get a picture to remember the delicious meal. Unfortunately, I asked Ryan to model it for me.
Ryan and I went on a Scrabble kick for a couple of weeks, until he decided he had had enough since I won every time. We were a little weirded out when I noticed one night that the cover of the game had my initials on it: Mary Elaine Bernadette Suarez Tompkins. Pretty crazy, huh?
On another note, I am finally done getting my blood drawn each week in order to monitor the level of my pregnancy hormone, which is now down to zero. Unfortunately, I was told that I needed to get a Rhogam injection at the hospital, due to the different blood types that Ryan and I have. For propriety's sake, I won't mention where the shot is given because I don't want to become, ahem, the "butt" of jokes. It was a rather tramautic experience for me, as you can see by the pained look in my face here:
So much so that I just had to go to the mall near the hospital and buy myself something as a reward for my bravery. I ended up getting a great deal on a Nine West handbag from Macy's, and let me tell you it really helped with the pain.
Here is Ryan's reaction to my purchase.
On Thursday we went to my sister's house to celebrate Catherine's 2nd birthday, it was quite the party! Here is Ryan with Teresa and Mary:
And here is the birthday girl:
Here we are at the party:
This is a cute picture of my nephew Tommy being silly as usual. I continue to tutor him a few hours a week, and it has been very rewarding working with him.
Ryan and I spent today Christmas shopping, and Ryan was very excited to see the man himself, Santa Claus!
It was a very successful trip in terms of gift-getting, so you can all expect to get a little somethin' somethin' from us when the Christmas season comes around :) It's hard to believe that Advent starts in only a week! We really can't wait to see everyone and spend Christmas with you, it is going to be a blast. We love you guys and we'll see you soon!
2 comments:
Mary, I must say I love your taste in clothes! Very cute coat and boots!!
I definitely agree with you that shopping always makes things feel better!
What are the implications of you and Ryan having two different blood types? And what does the shot do? Excuse my ignorance.
Your meal looks very delicious!
Ryan is too funny with all his crazy faces. I don't know how you do it, Mary. Like David's best man said at our wedding, "You are going straight to heaven." lol.
We can't wait to see you guys! I can't believe it has already been almost five months since we last saw you.
Shopping definitely makes you feel better! I'm sorry you had to go through that :(. I can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment