While Christina's posting is a hard act to follow, Ryan and I would like to update you all on the exciting events of our lives up here in VA. Here is a picture update... I'll try to keep it short but I make no guarantees! :) As you all know, we always enjoy being creative with our costumes on Halloween, and this year I have to give the credit to Ryan; it was his idea to be McCain and Palin, and I think it was our best yet. Too bad we lost the election :(
I don't have many pictures from Ryan's wild and crazy birthday bash, but I will post a video instead after this post. I told the birthday boy that the sky was the limit, and we could do whatever he wanted to do on his big day. His only request: to stay at home and relax with me. And of course, that I make him pork, black beans, and yellow rice for dinner. So that's exactly what we did, and it was a wonderful day!
November 5th was our 4 month wedding anniversary. This is what Ryan surprised me with when he arrived home from work. Isn't he romantic?
This past weekend we made a trip to North Carolina for our nephew Simon's Baptism, which Tabitha and Babu decided to have at their old parish in Camp LeJeune, since they were vacationing at the beach there. We stayed with Christian and Michelle, who live in Wilmington, which is only an hour away from the Marine base. On Saturday, before we left for the Baptism, Ryan helped my brother Christian work on the room addition he is building onto his house. I thought they looked legit.
I really enjoyed visiting with Michelle and my niece Natalie. On the drive to the Baptism, Ryan and I rode along with Christian and Michelle, and it was a good time. Usually Natalie hates long car rides, but she liked getting a lot of attention from me, and having Ryan's hand rubbing her toes. I tried to get a picture, because it was really cute how she rested her hand on his when he did that, but as you can see she got excited when I took out my camera and tried to grab it.
Here's Simon with his parents and Godparents. Although he was very good during the ceremony, he was not very happy during the photo shoot afterwards.
Now with just the Godparents. I thought Ryan did a superb job carrying the Light of Christ.
With my hubby.
The Godfather!
This is Natalie and I making a crazy face at eachother, on the way to the Kaza's beachhouse for the after party.
Ryan was really impressed with the many sea shells the kids had collected over the week, especially the shark teeth, which you can see here.
And here I am with a sleeping Simon, who was exhausted after his big day.
So there you have it :) As you can see we are back to business as usual, and are enjoying life and all God's blessings. I have been trying to take it easy so that my body can get back to its pre-pregnancy state, and it is proving to be more difficult than I thought. Since my hormones are in flux, I am more susceptible to germs and viruses, and it does not help that I work with 3-6 year olds all day! This week I picked up a nasty stomach virus, which was not very fun. But otherwise, I am doing well. Things have been more difficult emotionally than physically after the miscarriage, but every day gets better. Today at work, I had a cute moment with one of the kids in my class, Isabel. She is an adorable little girl who is rather attached to me, and she found out weeks ago that I was expecting and every so often she would touch my tummy and ask after the baby. Since the miscarriage, she has done it a few times and I could not bring myself to tell her that the baby was in Heaven now instead of my tummy. So finally today, when she did it, I pulled her aside and told her quietly. She looked sad for a second, but then said with a smile, "Don't be sad about it, Mrs. Tompkins. The baby is safe now with Jesus." That was a great comfort to me :)
As for Ryan, he is continuing to work hard for FedSources, and is almost done with his first 3 months. He is a hard worker and he definitely outshines the other analysts. His most recent accomplishment was when he was asked to join a team working on the Bailout. They needed economics-trained people on the team, and Ryan was the youngest guy to be asked. While it means more work for Ryan (and for me, since I'll be helping to edit his reports), it will definitely look good on his resume, so it's well worth it! Hehe :) He is also working on starting a company flag-football team, which would be a lot of fun. Say a prayer that the company agrees to fund it so he can play. So I am very proud of Ryan, for many reasons. Not only for his aforementioned hard work to provide for us, but also his diligence and perseverence with the most difficult level of his beloved video game, Medal Gear Solid. The devotion and focus that he displays when he plays that game is truly inspiring. I am a lucky girl.
I don't have many pictures from Ryan's wild and crazy birthday bash, but I will post a video instead after this post. I told the birthday boy that the sky was the limit, and we could do whatever he wanted to do on his big day. His only request: to stay at home and relax with me. And of course, that I make him pork, black beans, and yellow rice for dinner. So that's exactly what we did, and it was a wonderful day!
November 5th was our 4 month wedding anniversary. This is what Ryan surprised me with when he arrived home from work. Isn't he romantic?
This past weekend we made a trip to North Carolina for our nephew Simon's Baptism, which Tabitha and Babu decided to have at their old parish in Camp LeJeune, since they were vacationing at the beach there. We stayed with Christian and Michelle, who live in Wilmington, which is only an hour away from the Marine base. On Saturday, before we left for the Baptism, Ryan helped my brother Christian work on the room addition he is building onto his house. I thought they looked legit.
I really enjoyed visiting with Michelle and my niece Natalie. On the drive to the Baptism, Ryan and I rode along with Christian and Michelle, and it was a good time. Usually Natalie hates long car rides, but she liked getting a lot of attention from me, and having Ryan's hand rubbing her toes. I tried to get a picture, because it was really cute how she rested her hand on his when he did that, but as you can see she got excited when I took out my camera and tried to grab it.
Here's Simon with his parents and Godparents. Although he was very good during the ceremony, he was not very happy during the photo shoot afterwards.
Now with just the Godparents. I thought Ryan did a superb job carrying the Light of Christ.
With my hubby.
The Godfather!
This is Natalie and I making a crazy face at eachother, on the way to the Kaza's beachhouse for the after party.
Ryan was really impressed with the many sea shells the kids had collected over the week, especially the shark teeth, which you can see here.
And here I am with a sleeping Simon, who was exhausted after his big day.
So there you have it :) As you can see we are back to business as usual, and are enjoying life and all God's blessings. I have been trying to take it easy so that my body can get back to its pre-pregnancy state, and it is proving to be more difficult than I thought. Since my hormones are in flux, I am more susceptible to germs and viruses, and it does not help that I work with 3-6 year olds all day! This week I picked up a nasty stomach virus, which was not very fun. But otherwise, I am doing well. Things have been more difficult emotionally than physically after the miscarriage, but every day gets better. Today at work, I had a cute moment with one of the kids in my class, Isabel. She is an adorable little girl who is rather attached to me, and she found out weeks ago that I was expecting and every so often she would touch my tummy and ask after the baby. Since the miscarriage, she has done it a few times and I could not bring myself to tell her that the baby was in Heaven now instead of my tummy. So finally today, when she did it, I pulled her aside and told her quietly. She looked sad for a second, but then said with a smile, "Don't be sad about it, Mrs. Tompkins. The baby is safe now with Jesus." That was a great comfort to me :)As for Ryan, he is continuing to work hard for FedSources, and is almost done with his first 3 months. He is a hard worker and he definitely outshines the other analysts. His most recent accomplishment was when he was asked to join a team working on the Bailout. They needed economics-trained people on the team, and Ryan was the youngest guy to be asked. While it means more work for Ryan (and for me, since I'll be helping to edit his reports), it will definitely look good on his resume, so it's well worth it! Hehe :) He is also working on starting a company flag-football team, which would be a lot of fun. Say a prayer that the company agrees to fund it so he can play. So I am very proud of Ryan, for many reasons. Not only for his aforementioned hard work to provide for us, but also his diligence and perseverence with the most difficult level of his beloved video game, Medal Gear Solid. The devotion and focus that he displays when he plays that game is truly inspiring. I am a lucky girl.
Anyways, sorry that I could not limit myself to a shorter post. We are really excited for Christmas, which is just around the corner! Can't wait to see you all then!! Lots of love, Mary and Ryan :)
2 comments:
It's great to hear from you! Keep posting even if it doesn't seem like anyone's reading it. Love you all and miss you very much.
I'm glad that everything is going well. You guys look great as always!
Mary, you look so beautiful holding Simon. It's so natural for you. I trust God will bless you with your own soon.
By the way, I did get your text message about the ultrasound picture. As soon as I got it, I wrote this super long text back and then my phone would not let me send it. I am sorry I did not acknowledge it sooner through another means of communication. I really appreciated it though. It brought a big smile to my face.
We can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!
Post a Comment