Just thought I'd update you all on my last Senior Formal. I've uploaded some pics from the night of the dance; so,I hope you like them. They were the only ones I really had.
Well, the dance was a blast and my date was phenomenal. At the beginning of this week, I thought for sure it was going to be a terrible night, because Nicolette and I were doing a bad job communicating with each other about the plans before the night of the dance. However, in the end, she fell into my arms and all was well. All's well that ends well, right? haha ;) Ahem...anyways, I had a great time. It was probably the best dance "date" I have ever been on. But then again, it is very fresh in my mind...so, I don't know how much credibility that statement has. haha, Anyways, although we said there would be no corsages or beutineers, I still surprised her with a corsage on the front seat of my van. And as I was opening the door for her, I said, "Excuse my manners, but that's just the way we Tompkins men do it." Needless to say she was very pleased and so was I. Then, we went to Carrabbas and hit it off pretty well there. Then we went to the dance and hit it off again and after the dance, we went to the beach with Andrew, Veronica, Ryan, Tara (his gf), and Pete Van De Voorde. We hit it off again and boom!!! We had our arms around each other for the rest of the night. It was a lot of fun and as many of you know, I've kind of had a thing for Nicolette since Freshman year so I was pretty happy. Now, if you are wondering, how did this happen so fast? Well, here's your answer...we really started talking again this semester during "Oklahoma." We always hung out in the same groups, but I really paid her no attention since my freshmen year rejection was always fresh in my mind whenever I saw her. So, after hanging in the same groups for a while, there was one night when we hit it off really well and my interest was sparked again. It was at a restaurant, swing dance place called "Norms." We stayed out walking and talking for the whole night. However, I was very cautious since I was rejected during my Freshman year. For the following week, we continued to keep talking and I started sensing the signs...however, I was still very cautious. So, right before Easter break, we pulled another all-nighter just talking and walking, flirting a little bit...but we were both being very cautious. Yet, I knew I needed to press my advantage that night so I invted her to the dance and she obviously said yes. We continued to talk a lot over Easter break as mom and dad and the family can attest to...But then when the week of the dance came, she was giving me mixed signals like saying it wasn't a date or anything like that. She was giving me a hard time with the plans...and so I just kept staying positive and put her back into her spot with this great line: "Man!!! What kind of men have taken you out on dates?" haha...I was a bit upset, but I do like a challenge and women with back bone. You know, a lot like my own sisters and mother! I like women who aren't afraid to voice their opinion even if they're being a brat. haha :) Anyways, we worked everything out but there was still some tension before the dance, but when I showed her that I was the man with a plan...she stopped worrying and became the best date I think I've ever had. So, once again, I opened myself for rejection at the dance and beach, but this time she didn't reject me...finally, all that hard work. hahahaha....anyways, we've been talking a lot lately and we're going to see where it goes. I've been really happy lately just hanging out with her and stuff. We definitely have chemistry and that's something that I've kind of been waiting for. So, we'll see, we'll see. :) Anyways, these are pictures from the dance. I hope you enjoy them. God bless you guys and I love you all.
Oh and btw, thank you for your prayers for my thesis. My presentation went very well, but I kind of got stumped on the question. But that's okay, the presentation was awesome and I definitely could tell Dr. Sugrue loved it. Love you guys and thanks for everything!




3 comments:
WOW...JOe! she and you sure did look 'Fine' together! we all loved the picture of you and her dancing....(it's a close up of your faces and your making this suave face and she's laughing/smiling:)you looked so cute in that picture, with that black curl falling on your forehead..''WHEWY!!'' she has such pretty eyes and a wonderful smile!everyone thinks she is very feminine looking, like the way her kneck is shaped and the way she poses with it and how it gracefully comes down to her arms..(that's a girl for you, looking at all the details!)
we all really liked the look of you guys together, but make sure you go slowly and be patient, for remember my friend,'patients is a virtue;)'
well we are so happy that YOU are happy and it makes us much more happy!! love you tons and miss you alot!
From: US!
So glad to hear you had a great time, Joe! And a great date! You both look very lovely together and like you had a lot of fun! Thanks for updating us, and we will look forward to hearing more. By the way, what are you writing your thesis on? We love you and miss you. Good luck with these last couple of weeks, and enjoy them! They go by so fast. You are in our prayers. Ciao!
Marisa, David, and Sofia
Hey Joe, thanks for the post! Good to see that you had a good Senior Formal, way to go out with a bang! We are looking forward to seeing you next weekend to celebrate your graduation!
Post a Comment