Hey everyone! I never thought to use the blog in this way, but please keep us in your prayers! I know most, if not all of you know what's going on here, but I'll briefly tell you just in case.
A few weeks after we had the floors put in our new home we noticed our wood laminate started buckling. Each day the damage got worse. It was so bad that we couldn't walk on the main part of the entrance into our hallway because it would move/lift/shift the rest of the floors. It literally looked like a speed bump in our house. The person that installed the floors was going to come out and fix it. We assumed the laminate expanded due to humidity. While the two guys were here working on our floors, they discovered that our slab (concrete) was really wet. If you touch it your hand is actually wet and you have to wipe it dry, it's not just damp concrete.
We contacted our insurance company to find out what's going on. They're sending out a guy this afternoon to see if he can discover a leak of some sort. In the meantime my Dad and Chris Curran have been here looking around our house. When Chris was here he noticed that our garage floor surrounding our house was all wet too, so we were thinking well maybe it's the air conditioning leaking somewhere. Then when my Dad came by he noticed mold or mildew on the baseboards inside Jack's closet in our bedroom! MOLD/MILDEW! And then today I put Isabella down in the office and Jack noticed more mold/mildew all on our baseboards and into the closet. The walls with the mold/mildew are the closest to our master bathroom so we're wondering if the shower is leaking in the walls. Who knows, we don't know what's going on but we know this is a huge mess.
I ask for the prayers obviously because this is really stressful for us right now, especially before the holiday's. We also need prayers because depending on what the issue is, it may or may not be covered under our homeowner's insurance. So if you could please keep these two things in your prayers, we'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks - we love you guys!
And to end this on a good note, I'll post some recent pictures of Isabella!
3 comments:
Awwww...she looks soo cute:) she's getting so big!! i never knew she could lift her back up when she's on the floor!!!
we are praying for you and that house!
Love, auntie angela
Oh I am so sorry Jack and Christina! What a headache. It's especially unfortunate that this high stress situation is happening right at Christmas time. We will keep praying for you guys that the source of the leak is found and is easily fixable. It's a good thing that you happen to know/be related to so many handy-men, though. :)
As for the pictures, Isabella grows in grace and beauty every day! Just a few more days until I get to meet her, yay!!
AWWWWHHHH! Isabella is so adorable!!! I love all the interesting shots taken with the mirror and her towel over her head! and sitting up by herself on the bed and so pretty in her dress!!! I want to hug and squeeze her. She's so cute with those beautiful, big, expressive eyes:)
I love the picture too of her on Jack's shoulders. We all know she'll be having alot of fun and do some wild and crazy things to make her laugh with her Dad:)!!
We certainly are praying for this house situation to be settled quickly and with full coverage.May the Blessed Mother wrap her loving mantle around you and pray for you.May St. Joseph pray for you! May the Holy Spirit guide and direct all your thoughts and actions to bring understanding and knowledge to you and to all those who work in your home. May God protect your family and provide for its every need. And may the peace of God which surpasses all understanding keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus!
We love you so much, more than we can say, Mom and Dad
Post a Comment