Monday, July 12, 2010

Happy Monday!

HOLA FAMILIA!
Here is an update from the St. Pete Tompkins! June (and part of July) has kept us busy! The month of June started with breaking my foot (10th), birthday dinner for Aunt Lily (16th), beach day on Grandpa's birthday (19th), Father's Day and Grandma's birthday celebration (20th), Isabella's birthday (22nd), Isabella's birthday celebration (27th) and Teresa's birthday celebration (29th)!! Phew!

Kicking the month off was my ever so graceful step down from the curb, resulting in my first broken bone. St. Pete Pier has a median on the pier walk with parallel parking on both sides. My car was parked on the other side, so I stepped up to cross and on my way down, the outside part of my shoe hit the ground first which caused my foot to roll. I heard a crack and landed on my knee. Thankfully, I did not fall all the way nor did I drop Isabella or the diaper bag. I give the credit to our guardian angels! Breaking my foot is not the ideal situation, but it could have been worse! I'm scheduled to have the cast removed 7/20 and will wear a walking boot for another couple weeks. Thankfully Brianna's co-worker is letting me borrow a wheelchair - definitely helps when alone with Isabella.

Here's Isabella kissing my boo-boo

Here are a few pictures taken before the celebrations.

Isabella with one of her favorites - glasses!



She has become quite the Daddy's Girl.

Her foot propped up while sleeping was too funny!

Grandpa's birthday celebration was an all day gathering at the beach. I just realized I don't even have a picture of the birthday boy or many pictures at all! Aunt Lily is going to send me some pictures since I only took some of those that were around me. Wrapping up the weekend was Father's Day. We started the day with Mass and homemade brunch with the Bauer side and ended the day with a Birthday/Father's Day dinner with the Tompkins side. Here are a few pictures from that weekend.


A couple days later was Isabella's first birthday! We didn't do too much since she was having a party the following weekend. We gave her a little gift to open - her first baby doll. We had a great time at her birthday party. Some family and close friends shared in her day. Here are several pictures from her actual birthday and her party.

And wrapping up the month of June was Teresa's birthday celebration. I only had a couple pictures from this day since my camera stopped working. Yep it's lovely :). It is in the shop for another week - so I won't have many pictures for July :(.

Isabella listening to her Daddy play the piano.

Isabella with the bithday girl.


And finally! The 4th of July! We went to the Bauer side to celebrate. These pictures were taken by Brianna. Enjoy the final slideshow!


UPDATE! Isabella took her first steps this evening! The most we counted were 4 steps. It won't be long before she's walking! I wasn't able to get a video since my camera is in the shop :(. But there will be future steps I'm sure :). Love you all!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Wow Christina, you are one awesome blogger! That's what I call a post!! I loved the update and the pictures, it really helps me feel closer to you guys despite the distance. I also feel like I'm not completely missing out on Isabella's life, but that I get to see her changing and growing up. She is really amazing! I love how she works the camera, haha, what faces she makes! Cecilia will go crazy when I show her all of these pictures tomorrow, she loves her cousin Isabella so much.
Oh and I am so sorry about your poor broken foot! Maybe Jack just needs to pamper you and treat you like a queen to get you through the rest of the injury. :) Thanks again for the update and pictures!

Mom and Dad said...

I'm finally able to catch up on the blog! Great Blog Christina !!!!!! We loved all lthe pictures and the stories with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME! They are really beautiful photos of really beautiful people from a really beautiful person! Thanks again:) I will treasure each picture and have lots of smiles from the memories! Love, Mom