Yay for all the blog activity! It has been a VERY long time for us! I must
admit, creating this post is quite daunting, so here goes nothing. We have been very
busy here in St. Pete. A lot of what is taking up our time is trying to get all
of our estimates/numbers together so we can begin the process of fixing our home.
Such an exhausting project, but we are so close! We are hoping for completion
come July/August. The exciting part of it is we are looking to stay in a beach
condo for the 4-6 weeks while the work is being done! We will keep you posted
on the process and will post lots of before and after pictures!
Jack has been very busy at work... comes home and works...
weekends, more work! It has been a stressful time, but he's working hard! He's working
towards transitioning his focus on life insurance. Too much "work" in
the past few sentences! Please keep him in your prayers as he moves to this
"new" stage in his career. And of course, he's still an all-star
hockey player on Tuesday nights :).
Isabella is continuing to grow and learn. We are still going
to weekly speech therapy. We saw a plastic surgeon to discuss her situation with her palate. I'm
not sure how much information I have given to each of you, but she has Velo-Pharyngeal
Inadequacy. Too much air is escaping out her nose. She has a huge gap and her
muscles are not closing when she tries to talk. The surgeon said her situation
is very severe. We still have a few appointments, but she will most likely have
surgery for a pharyngeal flap to help remove this obstacles. Essentially this
surgery takes tissue and is placed to close this gap. There would be small
airways on each side so she can still breath, but it is an obstruction. Some of
the risks are sleep apnea. She will have to stay overnight in the hospital so
they can monitor her breathing and drinking, etc. It is not uncommon for it to
be a 4 night stay. Right now the surgery is 9/11. This date is very stressful
because it is 3 weeks before my due date. However, I know I cannot do this
after I have our baby. I'm trying to get in touch with the surgeon to see if we
can be put on a cancellation list for July (he's booked out 6 months and he's
gone the entire month of August!). Needless to say, it is a very tough time
right now and there is a lot of stress in our household. Isabella is so strong
and patient through it all. Definitely a saint in the making. We love our silly, affectionate and thoughtful little girl. Thank you for
your prayers!
Veronica is changing so much! She is repeating everything we
say. Including... my name. Every once in a while, I will hear from a distance
"Nina?! Nina?! Nina?!" and she walks up to me, looks up and says
"Nina?!". My response is always, no Veronica, I'm Mommy. But I can't
help but smile or laugh. She knows she's a troublemaker. Other big news is
she's going pee-pee on the potty! After about a week she went poo-poo! We just
need to make it consistent. Close to fully potty trained :). If Isabella walks
in while she's on the toilet she yells "Noo! Go potty!!!" and when
she's done she says "Mommy I coming!" which I guess is her way of
telling me to come there! She brings us so much joy and laughter!
And without giving the internet some key words, you know
that thing we've been going through for the past several years?! Yes, well it's
still going on and seems we've hit a nerve, so please continue to pray!
Especially for an end SOONER rather than later.
Mommy and baby #3 are doing well. I will be 13 weeks pregnant on Friday, due October 4th. I still have some pretty bad days, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Our baby's heart beat is nice and strong! I will try to get a pregnant
lady picture soon! Maybe on Easter Sunday?! Here are pictures from the past 4 months!
November & December
January & February
3 comments:
Soo this comment is way overdue as well: Thank you so much for the wonderful update and photos! I had such a great time reading the post and going through all those photos. :) Miss and love you all!
adorable!
Infinitely Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tears in my eyes :)))))))))))))))))))
Thank you for all the great photos and memories !!!!!!!!!!!!
God Bless and Keep you always :))))))
Love you all so much and miss you too!!!!!!!!! Mom and Dad
Post a Comment