...but here is a Mary and Ryan picture update. It has been a very busy couple of months since we got to see everyone in Tampa for New Years, so I'll try just to hit some highlights :) We have enjoyed reading everyone's posts (that is, Marisa and Christina's) and are so happy that you all are doing well!
In January we were very excited to have the Ave gang in town for the March for Life. It was nice to have Ryan and Joe reunited for a few days here in VA:
And for me to be reunited with Teresa as well. Here we are with our niece Sheila and nephew Simon, both babies Teresa was meeting for the first time!
Since Luke was in town as well, and my brother Mario lives in Ashburn, VA we were able to get 8 out of 10 Suarez siblings together on the weekend. We were sure to grab a picture of us all:
Ryan and Joe, the Ave guys, my brothers, and my dad all got to play a football game that day as well; the weather was perfect, the guys had a blast, and it was a very entertaining game to watch. The whole thing reminded me of a Brett Favre Wrangler jeans commercial.
Another highlight was a Mardi Gras party that my school put on as a fundraiser. My sister convinced me to go, since she and her friends were going to get dressed up for it and make it a fun night out, and I ended up convincing Ryan to come with me too. It was a great act of love on his part; but we ended up dancing the night away and having a good time. Here I am with my sister, in our Mardi Gras outfits... does my dress look familiar, Marisa and Christina? :)
At the end of January we found out the wonderful news that we are expecting another baby. We were so taken by surprise and so very happy! Ryan was gracious enough to take our first pregnant lady picture, at 5 weeks:
We decided to make a tradition of going out to dinner to celebrate the news of the new baby, just like we did with Bella. Here is a picture before we left, showing off the two tests from our two children:
In the Olive Garden (thanks to Steve and Krista's gift card from Christmas, haha):
The proud Daddy of 2:
The weekend of Feb. 8 we made a trip up to Rye Brooke, NY to attend my nephew Michael's baptism. My brother Michael and his wife Sarah asked me to be the Godmother, and Luke to be the Godfather. I was so honored and I fell in love with baby Michael that weekend; here he is taking a nap. There really is nothing better in the world than holding a sleeping baby!
Michael Jr. really liked Ryan, you could see he was trying to figure him out the whole weekend. When Ryan would hold him little Michael would look up at him just like this:
and this:
I think Ryan has gotten a good amount of practice with infants and is now ready for the real deal: his very own baby who, by the way, I believe is going to be a little Ryan Jr.! I am convinced that this baby is a boy, while Ryan thinks it will be another girl. We will just have to wait and see.
Here we are at the Baptism.
This part of the trail reminded me of our family Farm back in NY:
Here is Ryan at one of the Overlooks:
It was beautiful!
And now, for the pregnant lady picture you've all been dying for, haha. Here I am at 7 weeks:
Ta-daa! And that's all for this update; we will try to be better at keeping up with our blog posts in the future. I have my first sonogram on Feb. 27th so I will be sure to let you all know how that goes. In the meantime, please keep us and the baby in your prayers. I have been very anxious so far with this pregancy, and even though I am overjoyed that we have this new baby with us, I cannot help but get sad about baby Bella, who would be about 24 weeks right now. Whenever I tell Ryan this, he just reminds me that this new baby is here because baby Bella is already in Heaven, and not only that, but she is working as our very own personal intercessor. Ryan is definitely excited to be a Daddy again, and he continually comes up to me, rubs my belly and says "Can you believe that we are already the parents of 2??" It's pretty hard to believe! God is good. :)
3 comments:
Wow, I looked really fat in that pic...thanks mary. well, perhaps it was an omen of things to come as uncle joey? lol :)
Anyways, awesome post! it's great to hear from ya. love all three of you! You're in my prayers.
Great post, Mary!
We are glad to hear everything is going well for you guys. We are very excited for you! You are always in our prayers. Thank you for sharing your joys and your sufferings. We will keep them close to our hearts.
May God bless you and your beautiful family.
Much love,
Marisa (& Sofia)
I loved the post Mary! Glad to hear you three are doing well. I look forward to hearing how your first appointment goes. Oh and the dress looks great on you :). You're in our prayers - God bless!
Love,
Christina (& Jack & Isabella)
Post a Comment