Unfortunately, Ryan gave up video games for Lent, which began a few days after this picture was taken, haha. How is that for irony? Here are a few pictures from our trip the Marine Corps museum a couple of weeks ago, which we thoroughly enjoyed. This is what it looked like from the outside:
Ryan liked all the weapons most of all, especially the guns...he proudly named them off to me at each exhibit. All this knowledge was gained from, you guessed it, video games!
This is a picture I just couldn't resist taking: since I have been unable to make dinner for the past several weeks due to my morning sickness, Ryan decided to make it himself one night. I guess he got tired of making himself bowls of cereal. As a result, he made us a gourmet meal of spaghetti and Ragu sauce. From the couch, where I lay passed out with nausea, my only request was that he not get his work clothes dirty, since spaghetti sauce stains. When I got up to see how he was doing, I found him wearing my cherry-print apron, a gift from my bridal shower. Doesn't he look hot?
As for the update: we are doing very well :) Ryan is not exactly loving his job but working hard to continue getting good reviews on his performance. He is now being given a lot more high-priority clients, which he hope will help with getting him exposed to bigger companies that he might switch to working for after FedSources. After our trip to the Marine museum, Ryan has decided on working towards a career in Defense, hoping to eventually work for the FBI so he can use his skills to help our country fight terrorism. Since the FBI headquarters is only a few miles away from us, we think it might be a real possibility. We will see where God leads us! Oh and Ryan has been working out now too; Dad we thought you would appreciate that little tidbit. :) As for me and Baby Tompkins, we are very well. The baby is doing so well, in fact, that I have been dead to the work the last few week as a result. In theory, I don't mind the nausea and the vomiting because I know it means little Baby Tompkins is very healthy and having a grand ol' time inside my tummy. :) It is just very debilitating, since it lasts all day long. Poor Ryan has been very patient in dealing with me, and does not mind that I cannot prepare him dinner, that I fall asleep at by 9:30 every night, have stopped grooming myself, and am generally unable to do much of anything. Ryan continues to take very good care of me and the baby, and when he rubs my tummy and talks to the baby it always helps me feel better. Last week was particularly bad, since I picked up both a cold and a stomach virus that was going through my class at school, on top of my usual morning sickness. Thankfully I am just about over both of them now, because that was not fun. The children in my class are another source of joy to me; they are all very much in love with Baby Tompkins already. Since they are in the 3-6 year old range, they are perfectly eye-level with my tummy, so every day I have many little hands rubbing my belly and commenting on its size. They will ask me "Mrs. Tompkins, how big is Baby now?" and I will show them with my fingers the baby's size, and it makes them very excited. I can't help but think that Baby Tompkins enjoys all the rubs, kisses, and love he gets from the kids in my class; it's very cute.
This past week was particularly eventful for other reasons; we are getting internet installed in our apartment (finally), and we got cable as well! The former has proved to be a long and annoying process, but thanks to our new digital cable converter box, we now get a bunch of channels on our TV in HD. We ceremoneously watched the Office for the first time in our apartment last night, and boy did we feel like royalty! The whole experience of not having these things until now has made us realize that we have found the secret to a happy life: start out with nothing, work your way up from scratch, and you will appreciate each and every little thing so much more. So, we highly recommend getting married right out of college, having kids right away, and living life on a very tight budget. That way, things like a car, a place to live, mattress, cell phones, coffee tables, internet, cable, etc. seem all the more special since you gain them gradually! What fun would there be if we just had them all from day one? Booooring! :p
Oh and another exciting bit of news is that we booked tickets to come down to Joseph's Ave graduation in May. We are very excited to see most of you hopefully, and will look into coming down for the double Baptism in July as well. We will try our best! It's always exciting to write on the calendar that we have a trip to see family soon, and we are looking forward to it! We love you and miss you all, and keep the blog updates coming!! -Ryan, Mary and baby :)
1 comment:
Thanks for the update VA Tompkins! It always great to hear from you!
Mary, I am sorry you have been so sick. You poor thing! I remember those days, and believe me, one day you will look back, and think, that was not so bad, I could do that again....yet that is the last thing on your mind right now, I know. I am glad you have such precious kids to add so much joy to your day! We are praying for you and Baby Tompkins!
By the way, I agree with you about taking things for granted when you always have them. David and I had the cable, internet, etc right away and then cut the cable off after we found out we were pregnant. Let me tell you, what a gift to not have tv, but the few times we get to watch it at our friends we enjoy it so much more.
Ryan, I know what it's like to have a job you don't enjoy, but one day you will be able to look back and see how God was preparing you for the next step in life through this job. We are praying for you though!
Ryan and Mary, we hope you will be able to make it to Sofia and Isabella's baptism in July. We understand if you can't. Either way, we are still planning to visit in October so hopefully Baby Tompkins will already be born so we can meet our little niece or nephew!
We love you guys! And we will post something soon.
Post a Comment