Sunday, March 22, 2009

Pro-life Slogans?

Just looking for some good ideas from all of you Tompkins Family bloggers: this weekend Ryan and I spent our Saturday morning praying in front of the abortion clinic here in Manassas. We want to try and make a habit of going more often, and I want to make some of our own signs for when we do. The ones we borrowed from another picketer this weekend were kind of old and crummy (worn out from a lot of use, which is of course a good thing). They just had the same ol' slogans on them ("Abortion stops a beating heart," "Face it: Abortion kills," "Honk if you like babies," etc.), that everyone has heard many times. They were handwritten and the writing was not centered or neat, which bothered me; they just weren't aesthetically pleasing. So I want to make some of our own with some short but powerful Pro-Life messages; something thought provoking and not as over-used. Does anyone have any favorites, or any fresh ideas? Let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it!  

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Hey Mary,

Actually this is really ironic that you asked because David and I saw one yesterday on the back of someone's car and we really liked it. They are Mother Teresa's words:
"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."
Not short but definitely powerful.
Here are some more:
"Peace begins in the womb."
(Feminists for Life)