Friday, February 26, 2010

Our poor home!

Hello Everyone! I thought I would give you an update on our house situation. We were able to move back in 2-3 weeks ago. It's not the ideal situation to be living in, but it is nice to be home! We're living on our concrete slab and most of our belongings are still packed up or clumped in the middle of the room. We just don't know what to touch at this point because we would have to move it all over again once we can put our new floors down - not sure when that will be! We've met with an attorney to help us with our insurance claim. He will not make any money if he loses the case, so the fact that he took it gives us a little hope. Please keep us in your prayers. We will keep you updated. Here are some pictures of what we came home to. It pretty much looks the same aside from all the plastic.


Jack and Andrew removed the plastic and moved the furniture in our bedroom and main room so that it was somewhat livable.

Standing in the kitchen
Living room
Removed the drywall where mold was present
Office
Master bedroom
Where the master shower was :)
Shower again - you can see through to the office


And that's the latest on our home! We're hanging in there. We have a lot that keeps us happy! A big one is Isabella :). Here are some pictures from the past couple weeks.

Being goofy! Staring down her frog lol
Such a big girl!
Showing off her big girl outfit
Not crawling - but on her hands and knees!
Nice and warm with her engraved robe - given by Anola
Daddy keeping her warm by sharing his shirt
I think Isabella is trying to tell us something here


Lastly - Elizabeth bought Isabella a birthday gift. She couldn't wait 4 months to give it to her, so here are some pictures of her opening her gift.
Such a pretty hat!
Eating her shoes & outfit

It is such an adorable outfit!
Giving Elizabeth a thank you kiss

We love and miss you all! Can't wait to see you - less than 3 months away!

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Oh Christina! Your home makes me want to cry. How sad! But I am really glad the attorney is taking your case. Get those bastards.
Isabella is so adorable! I don't know if you guys notice this at all, but I thought in these last pictures she is starting to look a little like Sofia! I noticed some similarities! Really, she is precious! And I love the birthday outfit from Elizabeth. Such good taste! We can't to see you guys!

Marisa said...

I messed up my last sentence...We can't WAIT to see you guys. Sorry about that.

Mom and Dad said...

Dear Jack and Christina, Well, "Jack and the Plastic" made it to our screen saver on the computer!! Thanks to Robby:) Jack always has a way of making the most challenging situation seem humorous.
God bless you all!!! We are praying everyday for all your special intentions. We love you so much!!!! This situation breaks our hearts, but you are handling it with so much Grace and fortitude. God is always with you:)
Isabella is so adorable!!! I love the stare down picture of the frog!!!! LOL
The outfit Elisabeth gave her looks so elegant and pretty. She will be singing, " I feel pretty, oh so pretty...."
She is growing up so fast!! I love the sleeping picture and the under the shirt picture too!! She's a very blessed girl to have you both for her loving parents!
BIG HUGS and KISSES XOXOXO
We love you very,very much, Mom and Dad

Ryan said...

Great pictures guys! Isabunkie is so big. I love her yellow dress! I can't believe she can stand up with help from only one hand. Cecilia is excited to see her cousin in just a couple of months! We're praying for you guys! =)