This is from our date night celebrating our pregnancy.
I am four weeks pregnant!
See my belly!
This is from my first trip to the maternity store in the mall. All I bought was those Bella Bands which I recommend for all the women in our family when they are pregnant. They allow you to wear your regular pants longer. Very cool. Anything to save me time from wearing maternity pants. :P
I parked in the "Expectant Mothers" parking spot at Babies R'Us. :) I look alot bigger in this picture than I am because the wind was blowing and picked up my shirt.
Those are all the pregnancy pictures I have taken so far. I will take more in the next coming weeks as I feel like the baby and I have already grown so much since those Four Weeks pictures. As the post title says, I am currently seven weeks. According to my nurse that I met with on Wednesday, every Thursday is a new week for me. And I am due May 1st! We still have not heard the baby's heartbeat because for some reason the doctors at my office wait until you are between 10-12 weeks. We have that appointment scheduled for October 8th. Until then, you meet with the nurse between 6-8 weeks, when they ask all sorts of questions about family history, how you have been feeling; and make you fill out paperwork and give blood for different tests. We did that this past Wednesday, and it was very exciting. It made everything seem so much more real.
Although I must admit, the nausea I have been experiencing since 6 weeks are a constant reminder that this is real. The first couple of weeks I was pregnant I thought, "Wow this is going to be a breeze!" Besides feeling bloated, tired, and hungry all the time, I didn't really feel bad. And then 6 weeks hit! Food...gross! Make me gag. The nausea has taken over my world. It is mostly bad in the mornings and evenings. I do not want to eat anything....everything looks and sounds disgusting. Yet because I know I am feeding someone other than myself, no matter how little the baby is, I need to keep eating. Thus I eat out of necessity.
Amongst the physical changes I have been experiencing which have made me a couch potato, David has been wonderful. He is so sweet and thoughtful...making dinner most nights and doing most of the cleaning. He is also so aware of our baby. He kisses the baby goodnight every night and during the day comes up to me and rubs my belly saying either comical or sweet things to our baby. These are a few of my favorite things. :)
With the baby coming in May, David and I have decided to move at the end of this month...in two weeks, to a cheaper yet bigger apartment than our own. We originally were going to move to Notre Dame's off campus housing for married couples with children which was a lot smaller than our apartment. But through friends and God's providence, we found an apartment complex that has bigger units than our apartment while still being cheaper and closer to Notre Dame. There will not be as many luxuries in the new apartment as we enjoy now, such as a dishwasher, fireplace, and washing machine and dryer, but we will have the luxury of our good friends as neighbors and the ability to save alot more money each month! Speaking of moving, Ryan and Mary, I hope your move was successful this weekend! We look forward to seeing pictures soon!
This weekend Mom and Dad Lantigua came to visit us. Dad Lantigua and David were fortunate enough to get tickets for the Notre Dame vs. Michigan game..one of the biggest games of the season. They had a great time! Here are some pictures from before they left and the scoreboard as proof of Notre Dame's victory.
Dad Lantigua was super excited! He has waited his whole life for this!
David, so excited...Me, not feeling so good.
Look at our empty apartment!
Notre Dame won!
Well I think that is it for this week's update. Oh, we do have some prayer requests. David has a big presentation this week..Wednesday, I believe. Also, I should find out this week if I will be getting a new job at Notre Dame's performing arts center. And of course, please pray for your little niece/nephew, or grandchild, Baby Lantigua. We love you and miss you all very much. God bless and you are all always in our prayers!
David, Marisa, and Baby
4 comments:
Yay for pregnant lady pictures!! Thanks so much Marisa, I was continually checking the blog for your picture post :) You look beautiful! I can definitely see the pregnant lady glow about you. And David even looks different too! He has such a big, happy smile in every picture...you can tell he is already a proud daddy :) Great post, you guys! I am so happy for you! What an exciting time. Keep the updates coming!
Oh and Ryan and I will be praying for your special intentions...as well as for the baby, as we always do! I'll pray for your morning/evening sickness as well, Marisa! We love you! :)
YAY! I agree with Mary... I've been checking the blog nonstop! I also noticed the glow :)! Thank you for posting the pictures! Jack and I will continue to keep you in our prayers. We can't wait to see you guys. We love you!
Post a Comment