Thursday, March 17, 2011

Isabella's Surgery

Thank you for all of your prayers and support! It was a very smooth day and Isabella was fine throughout! The surgery took about 40-45 minutes, which included casting her foot! So it was a quick surgery. We were away from her for about an hour and a half. We prayed the rosary during this time which helped us get through it. The only complaint we have is we don't understand why they don't let the parents see their child right when they are in recovery! They called us back about 20 minutes after surgery (when the doc already told us she was cranky, but we still had to wait to see her) and when they finally called us back she was so upset and it took the longest time for her "hiccup" breathing to stop! We were so upset that it took them that long for us to see her. I don't know why they thought they could calm her down when she doesn't even know them! Other than that, we have no complaints. She didn't even cry when they took her back for surgery which was one of the things I was worried about. Again, thank you for your prayers!

Here are a few pictures of the day. I'll post more once her cast is off in two weeks. We have yet to see the outcome of the surgery, but I think it's better we see it once it's healed :). I'm also going to post a video of her walking, poor girl!

The night before her surgery - spaghetti face!

Playing in the waiting room. She loved having so many things to play with!

I think Daddy was having more fun with the toys!
Mommy and her little girl :)
Isabella is such a social butterfly! She was just roaming the halls and spending time with random nurses!
So happy - for now :(
Daddy and his little princess.
Back home! As you can see, she didn't want to stand up on her own. She's a pro now!
Not a fan of this picture, but I'm 32 weeks now!

I thought I would post the few pictures I had from March.
We are about to walk to my parents house to celebrate Lisette's birthday.
Cute little pigtails!
Isabella is now stripping. Here she is during the process.
This was a different method, so she was a little frustrated when her arms were stuck!
Ash Wednesday - you can barely see her ashes.

1 comment:

Nicolette said...

Thank you for all the pictures!It's so nice to see all that took place. Christina I would be very upset with those doctors too. Poor Isabella! But I'm glad that things are better for her now, as we see in the next video. :) Prayers answered!