As you all know, Isabella was born June 22nd at 1:35 pm. Here's a brief labor story. My labor started Sunday (Father's Day) around 5 am. My labor didn't really progress the entire day and it actually went away for about an hour, but then came back. Around 1 am, there was a noticeable difference in my labor so Jack started timing my contractions. We called our midwife after an hour of contractions lasting over a minute every 3-5 minutes. We met at the birthing center at 3 am. I was already 6 centimeters dilated and 95% effaced. Everyone thought "wow not much longer and we'll meet Isabella"! Well, we were wrong :). Due to Isabella's posterior position, getting stuck on my pelvic bone, and the back of her head crowning rather than the top, she was born 10 1/2 hours later. It was a very tough labor - especially without any drugs. We are so thankful that we switched to the birthing center because we probably would have ended up with a c-section in the hospital. Jack was a wonderful coach - I would have been a mess without him! I know it was not easy for him to see me in pain. At a very tough moment I looked over at him and saw tears in his eyes. That broke my heart because I didn't want him to suffer! However, we made it through and were rewarded with our beautiful daughter. Here's a picture of us in the beach themed "delivery room" and one with our amazing midwife! She worked so hard and was so patient and encouraging.
Life with Isabella has been wonderful! She brings us so much joy - we can't imagine life without her! We love her smiles and coos! She giggles in her sleep - so we're just waiting for her to giggle when she's awake. Here are a few of our favorite pictures.
all sorts of things with it. I caught her in action!

2 comments:
Christina, strong post! Those are all great pictures. You and Jack look so happy.. such proud parents! And Isabella is indeed a princess. :)
The recap of your birth story left me hungry for more... what comfort measures did you find worked for you? Were there any positions your midwife suggested that were helpful to you? Perhaps you can tell me more sometime soon, maybe over the phone instead of subjecting everyone on the blog to such birthing talk :) I am so glad that you were able to avoid a c-section though, I was praying fervently for you during your labor and asking baby Bella to intercede for her Aunt and cousin as well :)
Great update, Christina! in the last picture of Isabella she looks so grown-up from the last time i saw her! she's so beautiful and cute! Love ya! ~Ang
Hey Guys! All the pics are so cute. I especially like the one of Isabella at the end because it shows her BEAUTY...phew. Haha, Jakck's new trick is hilarious. I guess there really was something to his obsessive jokes about...ahem, number two's. ;) Thank you for the touching post, Christina. It reallys shows the sacrificial and loving relationship of you and Jack.
God bless and I will pray for you as you move into your new home...exciting and a lot of work!!
Love and Prayers,
Vanessa
Post a Comment