Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sofita

I know, I know, FINALLY! Wow, it has been a while. I apologize for not sharing pictures earlier.
Here are the latest!
Bath time! She loves being in the tub! She loves it so much that she will intentionally scoot her butt down so she can get herself more in the water!

She is not quite sure what to think of the faucet.



She was so tired this day! It was hilarious...I just picked her up out of her swing and put her on the changing table and she just laid there completely exhausted. And then suddenly....

.......she peeked at me opening one of her eyes to make sure I was still there. lol.


Talking to mommy. She is quite the talker! She loves to coo and squeal and just make noises with her voice. I think she likes to hear herself talk...definitely not a trait she got from her mother. ;)


I thought this one was so funny! As said by the Joker in Batman, "Why so serious?!"


Relaxing with daddy after a hard day of work.


I don't think she likes the camera much. We will work on that. :)


So happy!

She is such a joy! I am beginning to see more and more of her personality. As you might guess from the largeness of her eyes, she is very curious just like her mom. (David is worried. :) ) An example of this lately has been whenever I am in the kitchen cooking or cleaning she will just sit in her bouncey seat very contently staring at her hand deciding if she wants to eat it or not. But as soon as I sit down to eat, she is no longer interested in her hand but sitting with Mommy at the big girl's table. She will bounce and bounce and squeal until I pick her up (see picture below) and put her on my lap. As soon as she is on my lap, she just stares at my food. She is not interested in David or I but this new arrangement of food before her. Hopefully she will continue to just stare for a few more months. :)








Happy Birthday Mom! What did Dad get you?


Trying to sit up!!


Posing for the camera. This was too funny because she posed herself!I just sat her on the couch, pulled out the camera, and she posed like this! What a natural. She is working on her serious look here. I think she has mastered it.


Thinking about her entire life.

So big! She is eleven weeks here!


She loves her fingers!


My little Jedi.


Naked baby!!

At eleven weeks she began sticking out her tongue and blowing on it. It is the funniest thing! She will start doing it usually while she is nursing or afterwards but she will look at me and starting doing it. When you do it back she smiles so big and continues to do it. Sometimes however she fails to get her tongue out and will just blow bubbles with her saliva. lol. We need to get a video of it and figure out how we can share it with you guys. Ah, we have so much fun with her! She is such a happy baby! I cannot believe she is already twelve weeks and 13.5 lbs!

As for an update on David, he has been busy working on the book he is coauthoring and preparing for his comp exams. He loves playing with Sofia and kissing her. He tells me, "Marisa, I can't stop kissing her. Is that okay?" He loves her so much! Here is a really cute picture of them napping together when we were home in Florida.



Well that's all for the picture update. I will try to post my pictures from our Florida trip as well. We love and miss you all!
Marisa, David, and Sofia

3 comments:

Ryan Tompkins said...

Wow what awesome pictures!! Thanks for the pictures Marisa, Sofia looks so gorgeous! Those pictures are really funny too ... the casual peeking out of one eye. haha.

David, co-authoring a book? Never heard about that ... way to go. If you need someone to quote you know who to call. I Love you guys!

Mom and Dad said...

WOW!! Sofia is getting so big and she's so beautiful!!!!!!!!i just want to hug her and squeeze her! we love her and you and david so much!!!! we love the pictures.... what fun to have a blog!!
God bless and Love you all,
~Family

Mary said...

Marisa, thanks for the post!! What a great picture update of Sofia and how much she has grown. Every picture is so cute, I don't even know where to start. She has a great body, I LOVE the rolls in her arms and legs. There's nothing quite like "mommy milk"! Haha. I can understand David's urge to kiss her all the time...those might be the most kissable cheeks I have ever seen on a baby!

I think my favorite picture might be the very first one of her in the bath tub. I have always wondered what goes through a baby's mind when their parents start taking pictures of them in the bath tub... are they like "Um, mom, a little privacy please?" or is it more like "Oh here, let me pose like this, it really shows off the rolls in my neck!"

It's good to see that you are all doing so well; Marisa and David you both look great. It will be fun to watch Sofia continue to grow and show us even more of her personality! Please keep the posts coming :)