Sunday, August 30, 2009

quick update

Here is a quick update of what's been happening with us since we last posted a couple of weeks ago. I realize that our picture posts aren't half as cute as the picture posts of Isabella and Sofia.. those are hard to beat! But here's the update: since we have only a few weeks left as just the two of us, with no responsibilities other than to take care of ourselves and do whatever we please, Ryan and I have been trying to live it up. :) We are making a point to do a lot of things that won't be as easy to do once Cecilia is here. One of those things is to entertain people and host parties at our apartment; we do love having people over at our own place! We are both Cuban after all, I think it is in our blood. These pictures are from a "game night" we had with our Ave friends Pat and Emily Richardson, and our close local friends Liesl and Michael. Ryan took care of the chips and dip table: And I did the rest :) We had a really fun time with our friends, and we ended up talking and playing games til midnight... which most likely won't be happening once baby Cecilia is here and I will be getting a lot less sleep!
Speaking of things to accomplish before Cecilia is born, I have been "nesting" lately, completely obsessed with getting everything in place for the big day. Since I am by nature a very obsessive-compulsive person, this translates into a whole new world of obsessions for me to enjoy and for Ryan to deal with. Firstly, I have become obsessed with craigslist. We have had success so far in our search for certain baby items, such as this brand new crib set I got for $15: And this glider chair and ottoman, which Ryan was good enough to model for a picture. We can't wait to rock Cecilia in it soon!
In other news, we have been to a lot of birthday parties recently, due to the fact that 5 of my sister's 7 children were born in late August/early September. Here is Ryan with the birthday boy Peter (who turned 5), wearing an Indian prince outfit he received from his Kaza grandparents.
Here we are at Elisabeth's (9) and Tommy's (7) joint birthday party on August 29th. Yep that's right, they were born exactly 2 years apart, on the same day. You can see that I am quite large now, as Cecilia is getting close to full term (and notice Simon making his way over on the bottom right):
As you can see by my jewelry, Ryan and I were made to participate in Elisabeth's "princess games" with her friends. When we arrived at the party, Ryan was literally jumped by Elisabeth and a dozen of her friends, who all squealed and laughed over every silly thing Ryan said. They had a great time dressing him up as a King (complete with jewels and a crown), and obeying his every command, which oftentimes involved eating interesting combinations of foods, like skittles with carrots, or cookies with spinach artichoke dip. Ryan has always been popular with the ladies!
And here is today's pregnant lady picture, at 34 weeks. I definitely feel like I have entered the waddling stage of pregnancy, as the extra weight I'm carrying is becomming greater/more noticable all the time. I try to explain to Ryan (usually to justify why I'm grunting and making animal noises when I do things like getting in and out the car, off the sofa, etc.) that it's a lot like having a basketball inside me, right where I used to being in the middle... and now whenever I go to bend up or down, I have this massive basketball obstructing me. But hey, it all serves as a reminder of Cecilia's presence! That, and her continual kicking and rolling around, which is SO much fun to watch. We can distinguish her different body parts as she moves around, and she does this move where she pushes her bottom straight up, making a big hill on my tummy, and the only way we figure she can do that is by doing some sort of a push up. She also kicks very strongly, and I am convinced that she is practicing her soccer moves in the womb. She is really showing herself to be a natural athlete, and we can't wait to see her in action outside of the womb. :)

1 comment:

Joe T said...

great pics guys! haha