Just thought I'd post a quick post about Ryan's and my weekend, since I am trying to get back into the groove of taking pictures of what we hare doing. We got to take our much-anticipated "Childbirth 101" class on Friday night and all day Saturday, with our doula friend Amy. It was fun for us and very informative. In keeping with the spirit of the class, we watched "The Business of Being Born" on Saturday night. We are now even more excited for Cecilia to arrive! We have decided, however, that we have seen enough naked pregnant women laboring and giving birth to last us a lifetime. Here we are before class on Saturday, with our textbooks:
This was an exciting weekend for another reason. Ryan was named "Analyst of the Month" for the month of July, and was given a $100 Visa giftcard as a reward. He said he wanted me to take half to spend on whatever I wanted, and he would spend the other half. What did he choose to buy? An XBox 360 Live subscription, and a Madden '09 football game. Life doesn't get much better than this for Ryan:
Today we stopped by the Kaza's to ask Tabitha and Babu to do us the honor of being Cecilia's Godparents. I got to see Simon right after he woke up from a nap, and his bed-head hair was so wild (and he was so cute), that I just had to get a picture:
Here's the latest pregnant lady picture today, at 30 weeks:
Tonight we decided to celebrate how great life is by going out to the Cheesecake Factory, which is one of our special date places. I was very happy with my Chocolate Coconut Cream cheesecake, it was heavenly! Poor Ryan disagrees, he hates coconut.
On a different note, I finally have proof that Ryan is indeed abusive to me. He tries to convince the world that he is a mild-mannered, gentle, and loving husband. Only I know what he is really like. As you can see from these horrible bruises on my arm, he will dig his fingers into me and say threatening things if I point out that he's been playing video games too long or if the beer that I bring him is not cold enough. See what a victim I am!:
And now look at my "mild-mannered" husband, who everyone thinks is so funny and nice! He is NOT what he seems!! Did you all know about this before we got married? What didn't you warn me?
Ok, actually, those bruises are from getting my blood drawn (brutally, painfully) multiple times during my 3 hour glucose sugar test this past week. They look so impressive that Ryan and I just had to make up some sort of story about them. In truth, Ryan is very upset by my bruises, and he kisses them whenever he can. And no, he hasn't taken up smoking!

This was an exciting weekend for another reason. Ryan was named "Analyst of the Month" for the month of July, and was given a $100 Visa giftcard as a reward. He said he wanted me to take half to spend on whatever I wanted, and he would spend the other half. What did he choose to buy? An XBox 360 Live subscription, and a Madden '09 football game. Life doesn't get much better than this for Ryan:
Today we stopped by the Kaza's to ask Tabitha and Babu to do us the honor of being Cecilia's Godparents. I got to see Simon right after he woke up from a nap, and his bed-head hair was so wild (and he was so cute), that I just had to get a picture:
Here's the latest pregnant lady picture today, at 30 weeks:
Tonight we decided to celebrate how great life is by going out to the Cheesecake Factory, which is one of our special date places. I was very happy with my Chocolate Coconut Cream cheesecake, it was heavenly! Poor Ryan disagrees, he hates coconut.
On a different note, I finally have proof that Ryan is indeed abusive to me. He tries to convince the world that he is a mild-mannered, gentle, and loving husband. Only I know what he is really like. As you can see from these horrible bruises on my arm, he will dig his fingers into me and say threatening things if I point out that he's been playing video games too long or if the beer that I bring him is not cold enough. See what a victim I am!:
And now look at my "mild-mannered" husband, who everyone thinks is so funny and nice! He is NOT what he seems!! Did you all know about this before we got married? What didn't you warn me?
Ok, actually, those bruises are from getting my blood drawn (brutally, painfully) multiple times during my 3 hour glucose sugar test this past week. They look so impressive that Ryan and I just had to make up some sort of story about them. In truth, Ryan is very upset by my bruises, and he kisses them whenever he can. And no, he hasn't taken up smoking!Well that's all for this post. Now can we have some picture updates of Sofia and Isabella?? :)
1 comment:
Congratulations on finishing the childbirth class! We are praying for a healthy, Quick as possible delivery:) Ryan holds the record on that one so far. 3 hours labor and 3 pushes :)!!! Thank you, Ryan!
More congratulations for Ryan's award! Great job! We are proud of you,Analyst of the Month!
The coconut chocolate cheesecake sounds delicious!
I'm glad Ryan, Joe and Jack can play together their live XBox games, but hopefully not too late:)
Oh my goodness,the bruises look so painful! 3 hours! I'm very sorry, Mary. You look beautiful though. Can't wait to meet Cecilia!She's really showing now!
Love to all, Mom and Dad
Post a Comment