Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cecilia update

Here is a short little picture update of Cecilia Rose. I say "short" because many more pictures than the following have been taken of Cecilia since my last update. It was very difficult for me to pull out just a few pictures, since I think that they are all just as precious. Hopefully you guys can get a taste for how Cecilia is growing and changing since she was born. She had her 2 week checkup this week, and she has reached 8 lbs. already! That's my girl. These pictures are of Cecilia when she was 6 days old: She really loves Daddy:
These pictures are to illustrate Cecilia's leg span. She has these great long legs that are exactly her father's. Usually she has them curled up like this, which is deceptive and doesn't really show their length.
Then, all the sudden, she'll spring them straight out, like this:
And her toes curl too. We crack up everytime she does it. The next picture is of Cecilia having her very first dance with Daddy, to "Yo No Se Manana" by Luis Enrique:
Here she is asleep. As Christina said, you can never have enough sleeping baby pictures! I can't help but adore her when she is sleeping because I think it shows her lips to their greatest advantage. Aren't they irresistibly kissable?? Here is Ryan getting Cecilia dressed, which usually takes twice as long as it should since he can't help but make her look ridiculous by putting her clothes on her in unorthodox ways:
The different looks usually inspire him to come up with new names for her. This look made him dub Cecilia "Ceroto," which incorporates the first two letters of each of her names. I think it's fitting:
I don't know why the Blog decided to flip this picture, but i can't figure out how to undo it. This is Cecilia's making-a-stinky-diaper face.
She still has kicking sessions, just like in the womb:
She's smiling at the window. Check out her pointy elf ears:
Then the camera distracted her:
This is her "I want to nurse" signal. I see it a lot:
Her first Bucs game, that is, outside of the womb. We have yet to get her a Buccaneers outfit, because the smallest they come in is 12 months, so it'll have to wait til next season!
She was really into it. She loves football, after all.
The Bucs' loss to the Patriots was hard to watch, and Cecilia's various facial expressions really capture the rollercoaster of emotions we all felt as we watched her Daddy's favorite team:
Here she is in her swing for the first time. So many firsts in just 2 weeks!
Now I know that as her mother I am biased, but isn't she just so cute?? Well, you at least gotta admit she has great hair.

2 comments:

Christina said...

She is so adorable! I can't wait to meet her. Soon enough right?! I love all the pictures. Definitely not an overload! I wish I was better at posting blogs! Love you guys! Keep the blogs coming, I'm loving it!

Mom and Dad said...

OMGsh!!! She is soooo beautiful!! we don't mind at all of the Cecilia overload:) the picture of her smiling big with the white outfit and pink flowers is our desk-top backround..i think i like that one the best...but they're all soo cute!
Love, auntie angela
looking forward to more...&MORE!!