TWINS!
(Just kidding!)
Hello dear family! Here is a little update as to what's been going on with the Naples Tompkins family. I've included some photos of Ave Maria's first football game and then some pregnant lady (and man) pictures hehe. Joe has been working hard at law school during the week and during most of the weekends too. But we still find time for a movie and the Bucs game on the weekend as we rest up before the next week. I have been working, sleeping, and counting down the weeks until I will (hopefully) be free of this pregnancy sickness. Last week I got to see Mom, Dad, Angela, and Teresa twice! I had to make a work trip up to Tampa for meetings on Monday and then they all came to visit on Thursday/Friday. It was too short of a visit, but we were excited to host our first guests in our new apartment... hopefully they will come to visit again soon! We love to see our family. :) We're really looking forward to Thanksgiving!
Baby had it's first check up yesterday and it's already 9 weeks old! (So that means possibly only 3 more weeks of sickness? YES!!) We chose a doctor at the recommendation of Krista Henley (AMU alumni) and I really like her so far. Plus, the clinic and hospital are right down the road so I don't have to miss much work for appointments. At this first check up, I was able to hear the baby's strong and fast heart beat, as well capture Baby's first photos. The baby seemed more than happy to have it's picture taken and wiggled it's little arms! Based off this first ultrasound, the doctor believes that May 12th is Baby's ETA... we're hoping it wants to stay cozy for a few days longer because Joe's law school finals are set to go through May 12th! So far, Baby's favorite foods are turkey/cheese sandwiches and saltine crackers... lots of saltine crackers! My sister, Carissa, has been huge help these past few weeks. She has done the weekly grocery shopping and even cooks dinner once a week for us. Joe has been extra helpful with the household chores, even though he has very little free time!
P.S. To echo Mary's request, could you all please email some family photos to me, too? I have none whatsoever and think Mary's photo wall is a great idea! poschnic00@hotmail.com
Now for some photos! Here is a photo of the Ave Maria cheerleaders and football team on the sidelines. We think the new green and blue colors look really nice.
First pregnant lady photo! 8 weeks along here.
5 comments:
Ooh what a fun post! Where to begin commenting? I love the pictures of the siblings together at the game (both the Tompkins siblings and the Posch girls), it's so nice to see family together. Also, I love Vanessa's hair! You look adorable. And it was SO great to get an update on Baby Tompkins, and I'm so glad that he/she is nice and big and strong and healthy! We have been praying for the baby daily and will continue to do so. How nice that you've found a good doctor, that is crucial. Nicolette you look fantastic, I love your tummy picture although can we really call it that since you are absolutely stick thin and have no belly?? :p I'm sorry to hear about your morning sickness but hang in there, you are almost done! I'm glad that your sister is taking good care of you. And Joe, it looks like you are already a very proud dad! Thanks for the update Nicolette!
Dear Nicolette,
Thanks for the great post!! :)) I'm finally catching up on all the blog posts.
Love the belly pictures of his and hers!! Looks like Joe is expecting.. whoops! jk
The Ave football game family pictures are so great to see too:)))!!
It must of been so fun to see the baby on the first ultrasound !! Wow!! How exciting! and then to see him/her move his/her arms too WOW! That's fun;)
I hope your morning sickness will be gone soon. We are looking forward to seeing you twice in Nov. :))) Thank you so much for hosting us in your apartment!! We had a great time!! See you soon ;) All my love and prayers always, Mom
haha..love these picts. and the update! looks like you guys had a great time at the football game. lol., Joseph! who knew beer could make you pregnant? i have a lot to learn......;)
Thanks for the update! I look forward to seeing many more! I can't wait to see your growing belly. Can't wait to see you guys!
Yay! Congratulations! May 12th is Sofia's bday! haha! You both look great! I am looking forward to more belly pictures!
Post a Comment