Wednesday, November 2, 2011

October

Being that both girls are sleeping, I thought I would take advantage of this rare quiet time and update the Tompkins family on the Lantigua's busy month of October!

The month began with Natalia's baptism on Sunday, October 2nd. Because this is most likely our last year at Notre Dame, we decided to do the baptism at Notre Dame in the Log Chapel. It was a beautiful event as we were joined by our wonderful community of friends.



The month continued on with lots of adventures like a pumpkin patch and Zoo Boo, trick or treating at our local zoo. Sofia who now refers to herself as Miss Sofia, has entered a very defiant stage, expressing her independence and will very freely and testing Mommy and Daddy's patience. Nevertheless, she has also remained her sweet, cuddly self! She loves the Sound of Music and sings the songs everywhere we go, like tonight at dinner in a very quiet restaurant!

Natalia has continued to grow very chubby, much to my pleasure! She is also talking alot! Most monumental, she began giggling! It is the sweetest thing. She started it yesterday in the car on our way to trick or treating. She was smiling at Sofia in her car seat and just started giggling at her! Natalia adores her, as long as she does not get in her face. :) She especially enjoys when Sofia dances for her.

David and I are doing well. David has been applying for jobs the past few weeks. Nothing that would bring us closer to family had opened.....until....last week!!....a Moral Theology job at CUA!!! Of all the positions that are opened, this would be the most ideal but also most competitive! So please pray for us as we enter a vulnerable process and learn to let go and let God!



We are so excited to see all of you in just a few weeks! All our love!

4 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

I loved the Baptism pictures!!! Thanks for posting them :))) I felt like I was there. How meaningful to have her Baptism at ND with your community! :) but I do wish we could of been there ;) Natalia looks so beautiful in her white gown!!! how precious !!! We love you all very much, can't wait to see you soon!!! mom and dad

Mom and Dad said...

WOW!!!All these pictures are so bright and beautiful too!! The pumpkin patch photos and Zoo Boo photos are so fun!!! What a blast Sofia is having!!!! I'm so glad you all can experience the Fall festivities as a family! ;)) It really warms my heart! I also love the pictures of the girls together at home :) They are a such a cute combo :)) One is as cute as the next !! All our love, hugs, and kisses. Mom and Dad

Mary said...

What great pictures! What a beautiful, intimate Baptism sweet Natalia had! I love so many of the pictures of Sofia, she is such a nut. I like the ones of her "spooning" like a little Montessori child--I think she and Cecilia would get along because Cecilia loves to do that too! The sister pictures are incredibly cute.

Christina said...

What beautiful baptismal pictures! I only wish we were there to share in such a wonderful sacrament. A lot of fun pictures in October. Sofia is growing up so fast... and Natalia too!! I can't wait to hug and kiss them both. Just a couple more days!