We got into the season down here in Naples, too! We picked up Vanessa and Robby on Saturday evening and on the way into Naples we spotted a a pumpkin patch (if it could be called that) and stopped to check it out. The pumpkins were too expensive and most of them were rotting, so we just took a few photos before heading to Publix to find our perfect pumpkins. :)
Anyone up for following the yellow brick road?
As you can see, this poor pumpkin patch has been picked over and suffered some flooding.
All is not lost, however, because Robby found a special friend.
A quick dinner for the hungry explorers. Of course our pumpkins were invited to the feast.
The dinner was a belated birthday celebration for Vanessa, which was followed by a movie, alcoholic drinks for Joe & Vanessa, and ice cream for Robby and me.
We woke up on Sunday morning and got to work on our pumpkin creations. We had to break for mass and lunch, but that didn't phase us the slightest bit. We completed our master pieces and then took Robby and Vanessa back to Ave Maria. :(
Robby's scary pumpkin.
My flower power pumpkin.
Vanessa's adorable pumpkin.
Joseph's suh-weet Batman pumpkin.
We left the flash off to capture the glowing pumpkins... sorry for the dark faces!
Silly siblings. :)
Pray for mercy from THE PUMPKIN!
Lots of love to you all! Keep the pictures and posts coming!
6 comments:
Love the pumpkins! You guys really did a great job!
You bunch of lucky ducks! Looks like everyone had fun. That dark knight pumpkin is awesome! How did you do that?
Thanks for the great post! It's great to see what the Naples and Ave Maria Tompkins are up to. What creative pumpkins! And what a cozy looking home you have, Joe and Nicolette! I wish we could come hang out with you too.
Glad everyone liked it. :) We really enjoyed having everyone come over. It was a good break from school.
As for the Dark Knight pumpkin, I found a design online that I liked, printed it out, taped the piece of paper on the pumpkin, and used the corn-on-the-cob double prong stabber thingamajigs to outline the picture. I screwed up several times on the bat so I resorted to drawing out the bat with a permanent marker and then used a steak knife to cut where I had poked. It took forever, but it ultimately turned out pretty well. FYI, they have some really cool spider-man pumpkin designs you can do.
We wish you guys could come and hangout too. We are hoping that we can possibly afford going to the March for Life with the law school. If we do, we'll be in D.C. for 4 days so we'd hope to see you then. We'll keep you updated on if we can do it or not.
Dear Nicolette and Joe,
Finally, I'm catching up on posting on the blog again!;)
I know you are all wondering day and night,"When will Mom post her comments?" HeHe;)
Anyways, since I have so much to say I will begin by saying that I love all the pictures!!
Thank you , Nicolette for posting them and for hosting Robby and Vanessa for dinner!!! You and Joe are so thoughtful and generous!! It must be so special for R and V to have you so close by and so willing to share their days with them :)))
The Wizard of Oz shot is hilarious!! and it reminds me of one day when we were coming home from seeing the Fl.Orchestra while the Wiz of Oz movie also played on the large screen. We cast the whole family as the characters! I remember laughing my head off thinking about it. You guys look great!;)
Robby also looks like he's crossing a great river in the next photo! cool:)
All the pumpkins are also so creative and original!! I'm so impressed!! What fun you all must of had! Last year we were all together in our porch doing the same thing! I miss you all!
Well, I'd better go to bed now! Can't wait until Thanksgiving!!
We love you very much!
All our love always, Mom and Dad
I'm so happy to see a post from the Naples crew! Great job on those pumpkins. Keep the posts coming. I think we're due for a pregnant lady picture ;)
Post a Comment