Saturday, August 9, 2008

J & C Update!

So it's been exactly a month now since, well, we slept in the airport I guess - but ultimately arriving home after spending a great time with everyone in New York! Here's what we've been up to. As much as we didn't want to get back to work, we found it easier than coming home from a Sanibel vacation. This is probably due to our everyday lives being a much slower pace than NYC!

Jack and I are doing well. Jack's business is growing more each day. I am so proud of him - he is great at what he does and more importantly, he loves it! It can be stressful at times because the first couple years are so difficult. It just takes patience and faith. Please keep us in your prayers!

As you probably know, my family has a disaster occur in their home. Long story short, it rained in the house causing water damage to the kitchen, part of the living room, master bedroom, and girls bedroom. If you look closely at this picture, you can see numerous buckets of water attempting to collect "the rain" (do you see the water pouring from the lamps?).


It is a blessing that the insurance company is paying for the repairs! Since they will be remodeling the layout of the kitchen, this hallway will no longer exist (removing this will open up the kitchen). This is the only time my parents allowed the kids to write on the wall, which actually started with my dad writing "I love my wife".


No more wall... or kitchen! This is from a different view, but the wall was where that vacuum is sitting.

This is a picture from the front door - demolition day! Michael is standing inside "the kitchen". My dad put up a wall so you won't be able to see the kitchen from the front door.

A wall!


This is the most recent picture. Wednesday, Jack and I went over to help paint the kitchen. There is no longer a closet on the wall all the way to the left in the picture; that used to be the hallway leading from the living room to the family room/kitchen. The door in the middle of the picture leads to the living room/front door.


This was from demolition day. I had my younger siblings over to keep them away from the house while my mom and the boys destroyed it. John Paul asked my parents why they were "breaking" the house! Here's a picture after Jack had his fun with the sledge hammer. He was pretty tired... and he didn't smell too good.


Here are the kids having fun in our pool! We had a great time, but after about 8 hours, I was hearing the "I'm bored, what can we do?" Our home isn't "kid friendly" yet!


Stephen is still working on the smile WITH the eyes open! And Therese is being a goof!


Random picture, but Newt Gingrich was at my office a few weeks ago.


Jack and I have gone galactic bowling from 11-2 a couple times now - we have a great time!


My acrylic nails glow in the dark!!


And the newest news is... Michael has a girlfriend - Aubrie!! He's going for the older woman ;) she's closer to my age than his! She moved here from New Hampshire to join the Police Academy. He's very happy and we're happy for him!


Hopefully you made it to the bottom of this post. That was more than I was planning on posting! Jack and I will be going to Sanibel from September 13 - 20. We received a free week due to the construction that occurred during our visit last year. We're looking forward to relaxation! Pray that it won't storm during that week!! Oh and Marisa... Jack and I won't be coming up for Thanksgiving :(! I would have made the apple pie though! I can give you the recipe!! I hope everyone is doing well. We love and miss you all!


1 comment:

Mary said...

Christina, thanks for the post! And the pictures too. It definitely makes us feel not-so-far-away from you and Jack, after all. We're happy to see that you guys are happy.. and that Michael has found a woman! Ryan and I talked to him about it last week or so and he seems very happy with her. How cool :)