Unfortunately, we have no pictures to post because my camera is malfunctioning, but thought it would be better than nothing to post a written update on how David and I are doing in the land of Notre Dame. :)
The summers here are beautiful with days in the 80's, and nights in the 70's. This summer we really enjoyed going to the 9pm Mass at the Basilica on Sunday, and then praying the Rosary afterwards at the Grotto. It is nice to be able to be outside after dark and not have to worry about being eaten alive by mosquitoes. :) We have also enjoyed learning how to play bridge again! We have friends here at Notre Dame who love playing bridge and want to make it a tradition here, so they have taken it upon themselves to teach those who are willing to learn. David and I are among the self-chosen few, and although it has been frustrating at times, we have thoroughly enjoyed it! It reminds me of the times we use to play at home with the cheat sheet/table cloth. We are really hoping to be able to play with the family next time we are all together. I think the next time may be Thanksgiving when the Tompkins in Tampa come up to Indiana. Everyone is welcome! Ryan and Mary, you are only 6 hours by car away, I believe , so if you are able, we would love to have you as well! You all will love Thanksgiving in Indiana....all the leaves will have changed colors and we might possibly even have snow! It will really feel like Thanksgiving! And I have volunteered Dad to make the turkey, Mom to make the stuffing, and Christina to make the apple pie (even if you are not coming, Christina, you can send it with the family, LOL), and we all know Thanksgiving would not be the same without these irresistible goodies!
Ok, since I am now drooling on the computer thinking about these delicious goodies, I think I should move on to the next update before David kills me for damaging his laptop.
As some of you may know, and possibly all, David and I have really been praying and discerning about some possible future big changes in our life here at Notre Dame. We just ask that all of you keep us in your prayers as we are continually seeking God's will, guidance, and grace.
Also, please pray for David. He is suffering right now from what I believe is a combination of the flu and migraines. Thankfully I was able to stay home today to take care of him, but there is only so much I can do, so I just ask that you all pray for him.
I hope everyone is doing well! We love you and miss you all! We are hoping that our camera will be working soon we can post new pictures. Until then, we look forward to seeing and reading the updates!
Love always, Marisa and David
1 comment:
That's great guys! You know you both are in my prayers. I hope you feel better Dave...but until then, this might help you feel better.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,398542,00.html
Check it out...you'll know what i'm talking about. haha :)
Post a Comment